Magnetic Shielding Tile Yshield MCL61 0.16 MM
- Cobalt alloy sheet tile, shield low frequency (special magnetic field). [33x33 cm.] * 30 dB @ 50 Hz.
MCL61 is our novel magnetic shielding film made from an amorphous cobalt alloy for shielding of low-frequency alternating magnetic fields. Also shields low-frequency electric alternating fields (LF) and high-frequency fields (HF).
Don't shield statical magnetic fields (magnets).
In comparison with MUMETALL® our new MCL61 has many advantages: MUMETALL® is soft and sensitive, on bending, to shocks and on processing it looses the attenuation very fast. The cobalt strips in our MCL61 are flexible but hard even at small bending radii. The attenuation remains constant even at high mechanical stress. Because the cobalt strips are only 20 µm thin, 50 mm width and sharp like a knife, we laminate it for protection. Due to the lamination MCL61 is corrosion-resistant even in humid environments. With a width of 61 cm big areas are shielded faster compared to 15 cm width MUMETALL®-strips. MCL61 can easily be cut with scissors.
- Tile: 31 x 31 cm.
- Length: By the meter / 20 m roll ; Because of the high production costs, we allow to divide up the ordered quantity!
- Attenuation LF magnetic field: 30 dB (97 %); The attenuation depends on the number of phases, cable twisting, the size of the area, etc.; Work in large areas: Shield cables with 1-2 sheets, fuse-boxes with 2-4 sheets;
- Attenuation HF: 75 dB.
- Weight: 265 g/m²; Material thickness: 0.1 mm; Color: Silver
- Permeability: µ 2 = 10,000; µ 4 = 25,000; µ max. = 100,000;
- Saturation polarization Bs: 0.55 T
- Coercive field strength Hc: 0.5 A/m
- Remanence Br/Bs: 0.7
- Curie temperature Tc: 225 °C
- Materials: Polyester, Co69, Fe4, Mo4, Nb1, Si16, B7
Warning: The cutting edges are sharp like a knife! Important: Its difficult to glue the film free of creases, best cover the area with solid wall coverings.
MCL61 is electrically isolated. To ground it, every strip has to be screwed with a chopper disk, that penetrates the polyester film. The grounding set MCL contains all for 10-20 strips.
The shielding attenuations are regularly tested in our own laboratory, HF due to ASTM D4935-10, the LF magnetic field due to ASTM A698/A698M-07. You find the test report above.
It's a manufactured or cutted on-demand item. We recommend that customers be sure QUANTITY and TYPE of material carefully before ordering !!! Not be performed RETURNS on products CUTTED or MANUFACTURED on demand, only against defects of manufacture!!